There are so many things I could have blogged about in the past week:
- My thoughts on the birth control/insurance coverage dilemma
- How my awesome dinner par-tay went. It wasn’t just a party, it was a par-TAY.
- My dear hubby waking up, remembering it was Valentine’s Day (Mita-Tyler Love Day*infinity) and saying “Happy Valentines Day!” first thing, in his sleepy voice.
- The cheesecake I made with my 5 minuted microwave lemon curd
- The fun dessert sweet-swap at went to
- The awesome Pho restaurant I went to
But, the thing that really captured this week, double chocolate chip cookies I made. Super chocolate-y, sweet but with a small taste of salt that offset it, goo-ey goodness that hardens up into yumminess. Overall, great cookies, and quite easy.
Anyways, Happy Love Day everyone. Take today to remember all the people (or animals!) in your life that you love, that love you, and to show some love. And maybe enjoy some chocolate 🙂
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1.5 cup all purpose flours (180 grams)
0.5 cup white sugar (101 grams)
0.5 cup brown sugar (light or dark, depending on which you like better)
0.5 cup. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
0.25 cups cocoa powder
0.5 tsp. baking soda
0.5 tsp. baking powder
0.5 tsp. salt
0.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 350F
Cream the butter and sugars together until it’s fluffy (3-5 min on medium high in a mixer). Reduce the speed, and then add in the egg and the vanilla, mix well. In a separate bowl, sift the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder, and salt. While the mixer is on slow, slowly add in the flour mixture until it’s all just combined. Then with a spatula mix in the chocolate chips.
Then roll out the dough into 1.5 in. balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on how soft you like your cookies).
When they came out, I put little candy hearts on them, since I was taking them to a Valentine’s Day theme party, but they taste great with a cold, tall glass of milk as well 🙂 Enjoy!